Friday, April 7, 2017

Working for the (White) Man

You've really gotta feel sorry for Trump's UN ambassador Nikki Haley in a way. I mean, with parents like hers:

"When [Nikki] Haley was 5 years old, her parents entered her in the 'Miss Bamberg' contest. The contest traditionally crowned a black queen and a white queen. Since the judges decided Haley did not fit in either category, they disqualified her." (Wikipedia)

And, really, what kind of parental advice is this?:

"Every position I've ever had, people have assumed that I am looking towards something bigger, when in reality I am the daughter of Indian parents who said to me, 'Whatever you do, be great at it and make sure people remember you for it. That's all I'm trying to do,' she said." ('New sheriff in town' seizes the foreign affairs agenda, Cameron Stewart, The Australian, 5/4/17)

Seems like Nikki's being trying to earn the approbation of the White Man ever since:

"The days of Israel-bashing are over,' she told the American Israel Public Affairs Committee [AIPAC] in Washington last week to a standing ovation. 'For anyone who says you can't get anything done at the UN, they need to know there is a new sheriff in town'' She said the Trump administration was 'putting everyone on notice,' at the UN. 'I wear heels. It's not for a fashion statement,'' Haley said. 'It's because if I see something wrong we're gonna kick 'em every time'." (ibid)

Pathetic, if it weren't so serious.

No comments: