Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Nub of the Matter

The topic under discussion on SBS Television's Insight program last night was Iran: Is Iran a threat? And what would happen if it was attacked?

I couldn't help but notice that the program, and its presenter, Jenny Brockie, more than bent over backwards to accommodate the views of assorted Israeli warmongers such as Michael Herzog, Brigadier General (Ret.), Efraim Halevy, former head of Mossad, 1998-2002, and General Danny Yatom.

That being the case, had I been a member of the studio audience I would have felt compelled to make the following statement:

I'm sorry, but I have to say I'm finding the HYPOCRISY in this studio quite unbearable.

On the one hand, we have a state - Israel - which is armed to the teeth with nuclear weapons, and God knows what else besides.

On the other, we have a state - Iran - which has no nuclear weapons whatever.

Yet what is the question uppermost in the minds of the folk behind this program? Is a Iran a threat?

Ms Brockie, when is Insight going to devote a program to Israel's nukes?

Might I even be so bold as to suggest a suitable title? Israel: How much longer must the world put up with the stifling hypocrisy of a bellicose, nuclear-armed Israel, and its nuclear-armed Western proxies, constantly banging on about Iran's imaginary nukes?

1 comment:

Jake said...

I'm with you all the way. I watched the show but anyone hearing me screaming at the box would have called the men in the white coats, I was fuming. Anyone with half a brain knows that the US has had a plan stretching back before 911 to invade and take over (by the placement of puppet governments) a group of countries around the middle east. General Wesley Clark called it a 5 year plan but I guess it didn't work out that way. Here's the video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAS_q5TYkSg
I can calm down now.